First off, I realize it's been a while since I've been using this software, and I'm starting to get myself back into it, now.
That being said, I'm also having issues with building HISE from the current source, even if hopefully because I currently have to use the minimum required Mac version (10.7). My errors, however, have to do with the linking of the universal binaries after compiling the source code. Something about the HISE binary data (i.e. icons) in all cases.
As it is, now, I've only changed three things within the source code for my own purposes:
disabled IPP, which is necessary if it's not installed, anyway.
changed the interpolation method for sample playback, which I confirmed in a build I have saved of 1.0.0 works.
edited "juce_AudioPluginInstance.h" by omitting one of its protected functions, which, for the 1.0.0 build, was somehow necessary to compile correctly on this particular OS version.
I even tried reverting the sample interpolation method to see if that was the problem, but, for better or for worse, it wasn't.
Any thoughts? I can provide an image showing the errors if necessary.
UPDATE: still haven’t figured out a fix, but I WAS able to diagnose a bit further: it appears that the problematic binary data is that which is referenced in the source code as binary data outside the modules in a simply-named BinaryData namespace. Unfortunately, attempts to merge the binary data with the modules also proved fruitless, leading me to believe it has something to do with either how that particular data is called, or the possibility that the data itself is corrupted somehow.
UPDATE #2: managed to temporarily fix it by adding the BinaryData namespace contents to the module namespaces. I would still advise it be looked into for the sake of those who are neither tech saavy nor resilient.