Breaking Changes: Monophonic Envelope Mode

• administrators

Hi everybody,

I've just pushed a change to the GitHub repository which allows monophonic usage (with / or without retriggering) for envelopes. However this was a rather intrusive change which might lead to backward incompatibility if:

1. an envelope is controlled via script AND
    2. you used magic numbers for the parameters (like 0 for Attack). This is because the parameters Monophonic and Retrigger must be stored before the other envelope parameters leading to a index change of the parameters. If you were using the enum values from the envelope object (eg SimpleEnvelope.Attack, then everything is fine because they simply contain the new value (I highly recommend using these enum properties to avoid problems like this in the future).

But monophonic envelopes are fun :)

• Is there a list of enum values for other modules?

• administrators

You can get the enums either by looking in the ModuleBrowser or using the autocomplete popup (I prefer the latter one).

• hmmm when I use Console.print(SimpleEnvelope.Attack); it comes up with undefined.

• administrators

Have you created a module called SimpleEnvelope using the script variable declaration stuff?

The enums are constant properties of the object you created to access modules

• Oh right I see, I thought they were global constants. Are there enums for sampler attributes too?

Looks like your connection to Breaking Changes: Monophonic Envelope Mode was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.